Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 1, 2013

Hello!
We had a fine Easter. It was great.  Saturday we had a convert baptism also!! Actually 2 in the zone, and 2 in our District!  Our District is doing great and the Zone is doing awesome too!!! That gives us joy.  So our baptism was for Eric Rude! He's a 41 year old man that moved into our ward some time ago.  The other Elders began teaching him, starting at the basics, and then we got to teach him all the lessons and such.  He's a fun guy.  He looks as if he's in his 20's or 30's.  But I got to confirm him a member Yesterday Easter Sunday!  That was amazing.  So I'm glad you got to see a confirmation in your ward also!  We had a fantastic Easter Sunday Cantata. It was a special musical program the ward did.
A lot of the people we are teaching and that are progressing are people that have been learning for a while, now we're getting them ready for baptism!  Before Eric there wasn't a baptism in our ward here for over 1 year.  Now we're working to have many.  Our next baptisms will be Apr 13 weekend.
Yes we're excited to have Gen. Conf.! 
Today for P-day we went hiking with President Anderson to Bear Butte by Sturgis.  It was fun and good exercise.  There were 8 Elders all together and President.  So that's good you're out walking and staying fit. Keep it up :)
Thanks so much for the Easter Package!!! I love it. I love the little scripture things.  And I sent all that stuff home with Bro. Christensen.  One thing I sent there on accident was the Christmas letter things that the Primary Kids wrote and I do want to write them back. Maybe you can help me with an idea or something that I can send to them to say thank you and bear my testimony to them.  If I do I can just send it to you.
Did you ever get the letter I sent to Sarah that I addressed to you? I didn't have her address so I sent it there.
I did get the hint about Meredith and expecting! that's great!
I'm having trouble locating the names Pres. Davis sent.  I found one of them in Sturgis that I'm thinking about giving the Sisters as a referral.
Thanks for everything.  I hope you have a fantastic week!!  If you send me more stuff please make it health stuff  ;)  We have quite a mini stockpile of sweets and treats.  But I do appreciate it all. 
For now I say goodbye!  I can't think of anything else to say other than we are doing good and having good success.
 Tell Lavell hi for me and Dennis. I'll get Dennis a card soon. How is Lavell Doing?  How's Roger?
One thing to know that's cool:  The Book of Mormon is the 'keystone' of our religion.  But the Doctrine and Covenants is the  'Capstone' of our religion.  cool thought right?   The pathway of the Gospel: Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, Repentence, Baptism and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End is what we need to follow to have peace, happiness, success in this life, and eternal life.  That's what we teach.  That's the way. And Christ made it possible!  And you must remember also, it's not only Endure to the End, but Enjoy to the End.
Thanks again.
Love ya!  Take Care.
Elder Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment