Monday, September 10, 2012

August 6, 2012

I saw the picture of my big cardboard me. It's awesome! I love it.  :) 

Today we went to Theodore Roosevelt Natl Park today for Pday.  It was pretty fun. I caught a lizard and my friend, Elder Edwards sat down on the ground, looked about 6 inches away from his leg, and there was sittin' a cute lil' baby rattler snake!!    That was sorta intense. He slowly and very carefully sat there then pulled away very gently and there was so big problem.  haha wow.
We have transfers at the end of this week, I'm excited, I'm pretty sure I'll be transfered. I hope. 

The past week was a tough one.  A lot of our appts. fell through.  It was weird. The rains came near the end of the week, it was pretty nice but people weren't really home.

We got to spend some days with members who drove us around and assisted in our lessons. IT was great. I've been blessed to meet some wonderful people out here. 

I learned this week that along with the Book of Mormon being the keystone of our religion,  the Doctrine and Covenants is call the Capstone of our religion. I learned that from a talk given by Pres. Ezra T. Benson that he gave in 1987' the conference before I was born.  We had a great Sunday Church service yesterday.  One of the things we discussed was the 2000 Striplings of Helaman, they're obedience, and the special ones they were.  We are like them today!  And we learned the value and power of example and love in the lives of those around us.  Our examples and our love are some of the greatest ways to teach and influence others.  I love that. I love the good examples I see around me in my life. You are such a strength and good example. Thank you.
 
Thanks for everything, I love this life.  I love having good friends and family.
 
Success and good tidings for the wedding and all that!  Love you and ttyl   :)  Give Alison my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment