Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 21, 2012

This week has been good here too, we had Zone Conference on Friday! So we had some great training and lessons from the Z.L.'s and Pres. & Sis. Layton. It was great. Sis. Layton shared such great talk on being the best that WE can be compared with OUR potential, not compared with the potential or efforts of others. That was awesome and touched my heart. We all have a great ability to do amazing and wonderful things. When we work our hardest and improve towards our very best selfs then life is magnificent!

People here are so great. We met with a lady named Paula on Sunday! We talked to her about a Prophet and how important and beneficial it is to have Bishops, Pastors, leaders, etc. But how even more awesome it is to have a living Prophet of God on the earth today! We meet with her again soon. She is dealing with some obstacles in her life right now, but she want's very much to be baptized and follow God and receive strength.

Our Branch here is awesome, just like it is back home. People are great. They have been feeding us so willingly and regularly, and helping with our missionary efforts. We went out late Sunday night with a Bro. Macdonald who is a great guy. We taught a good lesson about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost and he shared his story and testimony to a couple we meet with named Carol and Jerald. It was very nice. The members are the key to helping others into the church.

I got the package!! I got two this past week actually from some very loving and wonderful people! :) Your package with the cd was sweet. I have laughed a little as I've listened to it. I believe it was made in the year 1979. Haha. Maybe you noticed that. It's great!!

Dearest friend Kristin is doing some amazing things in her life I hear and I'm so proud of her and thankful for her support. I have a list of people who I want to write to very badly but I have stayed quite busy, especially this past couple weeks.

I learned a new hymn 85 How Firm a Foundation last week so I could play in Z.C. for a district musical number. When you told me about singing ''Jesus the Very Thought of Thee" I felt the spirit well up inside of me. I love that song. I bet it was so amazing and good. I don't recall the other two sisters but you sing so beautifully. So I do try to sing the hymns pretty regularly. More is better. I'll read 2nd Nephi 9 later today or tomorrow.

I sure love you guys. We have transfer calls this week, most likely Elder Maskell will be leaving to another area. It snowed yesterday. haha. It's been just a beautiful gentle winter here. The moisture was appreciated.

I know God lives and loves us and answers our prayers. We have the great blessing and priveledge of calling upon Him, and he hears us! I'm so thankful to Him and Jesus Christ. God is wonderful, and caring. He makes everything good as we rely on Him.

Love you guys. I really really do. Bye now

No comments:

Post a Comment